Wednesday, November 12, 2014

our old farm....

Needless to say there are a lot of rustic and worn surfaces to photograph here on our farm.  We live in Yamhill County.  It just sounds old.  My husbands grandparents bought the farm in the 40's. They had been farming about 45 mins south until WWII and the US Government wanted their parcel of land and many others to create an army training facilities.  So they packed up and moved.  Everything.  Even some buildings. 
 See the Adair Military history here
Although there are endless supplies of chippy paint to scrounge....I do long for some organization and someone to say.."hey, let's do some clean-up!"  I keep telling myself the scrap is like a savings account that the government can't tax. Saving up for the day when we really need the money....so until then it sits......

and I take photos.  If you'd like to

 see my photos - click here.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Dad made the hinge in picture three. I can give you the detailed history of the subject of every photo.

    ReplyDelete