Saturday, December 27, 2014

goodbye to the kitchen

The deconstruction.  Considering the lack of quality of this manufactured home cabinetry, I was very surprised how DIFFICULT it was to tear apart.  On top of the difficulty, I was trying quite hard to keep the dust down.  I didn't plastic it off from the rest of the living room.   BIG MISTAKE.
good bye disgusting fan hood & un-useable corner cabinets
 good bye strange pantry
The stripe is where I repainted with the uppers still intact.  It was kinda funky for a few weeks.  I don't miss that "brown".  Now the hunt for ingredients continues.  Below is my first find.....
Actual wood uppers and lowers.  They were on Craigslist for $60.  I can't believe the guy tore these out to put in "new" from Home Depot. 
I also couldn't believe that we fit them all in my short bed Ford. 

No comments:

Post a Comment