Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The final version....

I love my new kitchen. There are a few things I'd change,
but it's so much better than it was.













The "farm house" window frames are a part that I really am pleased with.  I found a tutorial online.
I framed up all the other doors in the vicinity as well.
The drainboard sink was a request of my husband.  We REALLY wanted a vintage one, but they are super expensive.  This new version was $50 on craigslist.  The hanging lights were installed last year and all the appliances are the same.  We pulled up the floor and reused it.  We had purchased 6 extra boxes so we had enough to cover the pantry area.

The backspash is Ann Sacks.
I purchased it on Craigslist for $50.  It was leftovers from a remodeling job in the ritzy part of Portland.  I also found the Ann Sacks bullnose tile at The Rebuilding Center.  I love that place!
the only thing I splurged on was the stainless exhaust fan.  I found a killer deal on ebay!  Shortly after I purchased it they raised their price. 
I'm happy with the results.

I'm sure I will find something to change in the near future.

1 comment: