Tuesday, January 18, 2011

 The next project is a Kitchen Island.  I've been contemplating what style, size etc.Thus far I have option 1 with plans:  (link below photo) This plan is super but I'm too cheap to fork out for untreated cedar posts.  I just don't feel like using used for this.  It'll be around for a long time. I realize I could use 2 2by 4's but I'm thinking they'd be sketchy......and it'd show. 
http://ana-white.com/2010/03/plans-michaelas-kitchen-island.html

or Option 2


desk into island bar http://myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com/2010/11/diy-kitchen-island.html

this option is to start with a dresser or similar and alter to the needs of the cook..... this is a great idea.  Totally got this idea from this gal's blog.  But she is there to share and motivate......ding....light bulb went on. I don't have a dresser in mind.  So the hunt goes on.  I do like this idea though. 
One important factor is that the husband needs to be able to pull up his stool and eat there.  Drop leaf would be good idea.  I'll keep searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment